Subject: Re: bug#6688: Acknowledgement (23.2; Auto-fill broken in C/C++ modes.)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:50:58 +0200

Morning, Alan

 > No, just compiling cc-cmds.el should do, since it's a "top level" file
 > which doesn't suply macros etc. to the rest of cc-*.el.

OK.  So the warnings ...

In toplevel form:
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-langs.el:135:1:Warning: cl package required
     at runtime

In c-before-change-check-<>-operators:
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-engine.el:5076:25:Warning: reference to free
     variable `c-new-BEG'
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-engine.el:5076:42:Warning: assignment to free
     variable `c-new-BEG'
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-engine.el:5079:42:Warning: reference to free
     variable `c-new-END'
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-engine.el:5079:42:Warning: assignment to free
     variable `c-new-END'

In c-common-init:
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-mode.el:643:11:Warning: assignment to free
     variable `c-new-BEG'
C:/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/cc-mode.el:644:11:Warning: assignment to free
     variable `c-new-END'

... I currently see are due to something else.  How can I get rid of
them?

martin