Subject: bug#66879: closed (Re: [bug#66879] [PATCH v2 5/5] gnu: josm: Update to 18822.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 18:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66879: [PATCH] gnu: josm: Update to 18822.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66879: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66879
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#66879] [PATCH v2 5/5] gnu: josm: Update to 18822.
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>, Eric Bavier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:10:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Le Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:00:16 +0100,
Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Am Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 07:50:13AM +0100 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> > * gnu/packages/geo.scm (josm): Update to 18822.
> > [inputs]: Use new json implementation.
> > [arguments]: Use openjdk11 to prevent warning at startup.  
> 
> Looks good!
> 
> Andreas
> 

Pushed to master as 5392d9db46d6f931233be2f25688481181622bb4 to
71d54f3ac451527d3c741bc1209f6b03329f8571.

Subject: [PATCH] gnu: josm: Update to 18822.
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:53:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

This small patch series updates josm to the latest version.  Some
issues I stumbled upon:

josm now uses a different library for json parsing, which is added in
the series. This library uses Java modules (introduced with java 9), so
I had to fix the build system to allow modules, but not by default
since we still use the old java 8 by default.

Then, it built, but it had troubles validating SSL certificates at
runtime, which is fixed in the series by using a similar phase to the
one in icedtea to generate a key store from nss-certs. I managed to
build a few JDK versions after OpenJDK 11, but I'll let CI tell us if
I broke anything :)