Subject: bug#6685: 23.2; Discards control characters during boot.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 19:21:11 +0300

> From: Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 01:08:55 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> I was trying to reproduce this in Emacs 25, but emacsclient will not
> start up a new emacs instance with emacsclient. According to the
> documentation I have on emacsclient on using the alternative editor
> flag:
> 
> If the value of EDITOR is the empty string, run "emacs --daemon" to
> start Emacs in daemon mode, and try to connect to it.
> 
> So I can't reproduce this issue anymore.  Let me know if I'm missing
> something, please.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.  Starting the daemon
with ALTERNATIVE_EDITOR="" was part of the recipe; you seem to say it
no longer works, although the documentation still says it should?  It
certainly works for me, if I understood correctly what you described.