Subject: [bug#66844] [PATCH 0/1] Add Request-For-Comment process.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 12:05:22 +0100

Hi,

This is a proposal for implementing Request-For-Comment process.  It is highly
inspired by Rust RFC:

    https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs

and also by GHC Haskell proposal process [1] and Nix RFC process [2].  Based
on my understanding of Guix community interactions, I write down this text.

The aim is to remove “Why wasn't I consulted” situations for “substantial”
changes by improving the current process.  Somehow, this patch is an attempt
to make concrete what had been expressed several times; for one instance:

        Time for a request-for-comments process?
        Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
        Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:22:50 +0200
        id:[email-masked]
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-10
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Again, please note that this process is about “substantial” changes that are
very few.

WDYT?

Cheers,
simon

1: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals
2: https://github.com/NixOS/rfcs

Simon Tournier (1):
  rfc: Add Request-For-Comment process.

 rfc/0000-template.txt    |  58 +++++++++++++
 rfc/0001-rfc-process.txt | 180 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 238 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 rfc/0000-template.txt
 create mode 100644 rfc/0001-rfc-process.txt

base-commit: c0895371c5759c7d9edb330774e90f192cc4cf2c
-- 
2.41.0