Subject: Re: bug#66798: 29.1; Debbugs leftover headers in message-mode

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 19:34:40 +0200

Bruno Victal <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Bruno,

>> What is the problem with this header line? AFAIK, this header line is
>> removed when sending the message.
>
> The problem is that shows up in non-debbugs contexts which doesn't
> look right, why should starting a reply to a debbugs issue (and quitting
> without sending) start influencing message-mode everywhere, even going as
> far as influencing `M-x report-emacs-bug'?
> So far the only way I found to reset this is by restarting emacs.

It doesn't hurt. This header is an internal one for Gnus (I believe), in
order to mark an article as answered. You see a similar behavior with
the following scenario:

- Start Emacs
- M-x gnus
- Enter group nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.bugs
- Reply to a message. The reply contains

X-Draft-From: ("nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.bugs" 273449)

- Save the draft, close Gnus, close Emacs.

- Start Emacs
- M-x gnus
- Enter the nndraft:drafts group, edit the message.
- It still contains

X-Draft-From: ("nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.bugs" 273449)

But I haven't touched the nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.bugs group this
time. Honestly, there isn't a bug.

Best regards, Michael.