Subject: Re: bug#66795: 29.1; debbugs hashcash behavior discrepancy

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 09:54:26 -0800

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Bruno,
>
>>>>> It's strange that the value of `message-generate-hashcash' is ignored
>>>>> when debbugs is used. This is undesired behavior since it results in
>>>>> redundant or unused X-Hashcash headers when I edit the addresses in the
>>>>> Cc or To lines.
>>>>
>>>> I'm not sure where debbugs comes into it -- Gnus will generate hashcash
>>>> headers for any reply, during message setup. You don't see anything in
>>>> "C-x m" because there's nothing in the To or Cc headers yet. But "S w"
>>>> in a regular Gnus summary buffer will also generate the headers.
>>>
>>> I don't know where we are now. Is it an error? Is it an error triggered
>>> only in debbugs? Or isn't it an error at all?
>>
>> I don't know! I installed hashcash and turned it on, and couldn't see
>> any difference in behavior between replies from debbugs summary buffers
>> and regular Gnus summary buffers.
>
> Could you pls comment?
>
> Best regards, Michael.

No further comments within 12 months, so let's assume this is expected
behavior and close this bug.  I'm doing that with this message.