Subject: Re: bug#66795: 29.1; debbugs hashcash behavior discrepancy

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:03:13 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Bruno,

>>>> It's strange that the value of `message-generate-hashcash' is ignored
>>>> when debbugs is used. This is undesired behavior since it results in
>>>> redundant or unused X-Hashcash headers when I edit the addresses in the
>>>> Cc or To lines.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure where debbugs comes into it -- Gnus will generate hashcash
>>> headers for any reply, during message setup. You don't see anything in
>>> "C-x m" because there's nothing in the To or Cc headers yet. But "S w"
>>> in a regular Gnus summary buffer will also generate the headers.
>>
>> I don't know where we are now. Is it an error? Is it an error triggered
>> only in debbugs? Or isn't it an error at all?
>
> I don't know! I installed hashcash and turned it on, and couldn't see
> any difference in behavior between replies from debbugs summary buffers
> and regular Gnus summary buffers.

Could you pls comment?

Best regards, Michael.