Subject: Re: bug#66795: 29.1; debbugs hashcash behavior discrepancy

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:01:18 -0800

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> It's strange that the value of `message-generate-hashcash' is ignored
>>> when debbugs is used. This is undesired behavior since it results in
>>> redundant or unused X-Hashcash headers when I edit the addresses in the
>>> Cc or To lines.
>>
>> I'm not sure where debbugs comes into it -- Gnus will generate hashcash
>> headers for any reply, during message setup. You don't see anything in
>> "C-x m" because there's nothing in the To or Cc headers yet. But "S w"
>> in a regular Gnus summary buffer will also generate the headers.
>
> I don't know where we are now. Is it an error? Is it an error triggered
> only in debbugs? Or isn't it an error at all?

I don't know! I installed hashcash and turned it on, and couldn't see
any difference in behavior between replies from debbugs summary buffers
and regular Gnus summary buffers.