Subject: 30.0.50; Other directory build fails on OpenBSD

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:07:10 +0200

Hi,

Emacs is built correctly from the source directory but when I try to
build from another directory (as describe in INSTALL) it fails.  I have
entered the following commands:

        $ env CC=egcc MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo ~/emacs-repo/configure
        $ make

And here is the error I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  CCLD     emacsclient
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:38,
                 from /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lib-src/../lib/signal.h:52,
                 from /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lib-src/../lib/sys/select.h:131,
                 from ../lib/sys/select.h:57,
                 from /usr/include/sys/time.h:38,
                 from /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lib-src/../lib/sys/time.h:46,
                 from ../lib/sys/time.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:130,
                 from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:39,
                 from /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lib-src/../src/syswait.h:29,
                 from /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lib-src/emacsclient.c:50:
/usr/include/sys/signal.h:115:48: error: unknown type name 'siginfo_t'
  115 |                 void    (*__sa_sigaction)(int, siginfo_t *, void *);
      |                                                ^~~~~~~~~
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:446: emacsclient] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/e/lib-src'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:537: lib-src] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/e'
gmake[1]: *** [makefile:6: actual-all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/e'
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/e'
gmake -f Makefile advice-on-failure
gmake[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/e'
***
*** "make all" failed with exit status 2.
***
*** You could try to:
*** - run "make bootstrap", which might fix the problem
*** - run "make V=1", which displays the full commands invoked by make,
***   to further investigate the problem
***
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:418: advice-on-failure] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/e'
gmake[1]: *** [makefile:6: advice-on-failure] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/e'
gmake: *** [Makefile:374: all] Error 2
*** Error 2 in /tmp/e (makefile:4 'all')
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.4) of 2023-10-25
 built on computer
Repository revision: b36e2b1772680b8fce067c6ea2cdf582af982aaa
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.4 GENERIC.MP#1397 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no
 --without-cairo --without-sound'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  comint-fontify-input-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs-repo/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-fun cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-iso face-remap
flow-fill nnmaildir gnus-search mailalias smtpmail whitespace vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn cl-print help-fns radix-tree make-mode pcmpl-unix
vc-annotate org-duration misearch multi-isearch cus-start warnings
python ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs modus-vivendi-theme sort
gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp gnus-ml gnus-topic
mm-archive url-cache utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss log-edit add-log pulse smerge-mode diff
mule-util org-agenda on-screen pascal vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util
texinfo texinfo-loaddefs emacs-news-mode conf-mode org-indent
org-element org-persist org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs vc-dir ewoc vc view
reveal bug-reference vc-hg sh-script smie treesit executable gnus-dired
autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher paredit time
battery cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee
reporter edebug debug backtrace transmission color calc-bin calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar
gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat
xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode use-package-core repeat
easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads finder-inf magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads request-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1212993 456712) (symbols 48 60753 58)
 (strings 32 298964 27590) (string-bytes 1 9841350)
 (vectors 16 184712) (vector-slots 8 3179518 215902)
 (floats 8 1121 3992) (intervals 56 36592 11208) (buffers 992 113))

-- 
Manuel Giraud