Subject: Re: bug#66771: [PATCH] Throw out fold spec after a single failure

From: Tony Zorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 21:02:36 +0100

Hi Ikumi,

On Wed, Nov 08 2023 18:43, Ikumi Keita wrote:
> Hi Tony, sorry for late response.

no worries; thanks for giving this a look!

> Thank you for proposal. I think that AUCTeX can accept it and it
> requires copyright assignment. Have you signed FSF copyright assignment
> form before? If you haven't and want to have your proposal incorporated
> into AUCTeX, please follow this instruction:
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future

I was almost going to say yes, but turns out I haven't! I've now signed
the papers and sent them back.

>> One thing that seems related is that the function claims that it also
>> matches arguments of the form `(<number>)', but the regular expression
>> that's used
>
>>     "\\([[{<]\\)\\([1-9]\\)\\([]}>]\\)"
>
>> does not contain any matches for simple parentheses. I don't know
>> whether I'm missing something here, so I didn't change this.
>
> It seems to me that it's just a bug. I think that tex-fold.el should be
> corrected to include "(" and ")" in the regexp first, and your proposed
> change should follow it. I'll do the former soon.

Sounds great, thanks! I will post an updated patch based on that as soon
as I have heard back from the FSF regarding the copyright assignment.

  Tony

-- 
Tony Zorman | https://tony-zorman.com/