Subject: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:13:24 +0200

Hello!

Although it obviously works to copy some text in an X client or in a  
Mac OS X application and paste it into the *scratch* buffer it does  
not work to mark some text in any buffer of the NS variant and either  
use the Copy entry from the Edit menu or just press ⌘-C (Cmd-C) and  
insert (paste) it into the X client or a Mac OS X application (the  
name of the application in the  bar only flashes, because some bad  
content, not fitting into the text pane, is held in pasteboard?).

Additionally double-click to mark a word is interpreted as <down- 
mouse-1> <mouse-1>, bound to mouse-drag-region. I don't think that  
this is desirable...

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple- 
appkit-949.54)
  of 2010-07-16 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-ns' '--disable-ns-self- 
contained' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/ 
include' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/ 
calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H -Wno- 
pointer-sign -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -O0'  
'CPPFLAGS=' 'LDFLAGS=' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/ 
share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/ 
share/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: nXML

Minor modes in effect:
   image-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h v i m a g e - t y <tab>
s <return> <help-echo> C-x C-f s-v <backspace> <return>
C-c C-c <tool-bar> <help>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Note: file is write protected
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')

Load-path shadows:
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/solar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/solar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/lunar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/lunar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/holidays hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/holidays
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/diary-lib hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/diary-lib
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/calendar hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/calendar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-x hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-x
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-move hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-move
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-menu hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-menu

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct regexp-opt rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok image-mode pp help-mode view help-fns tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete     === -Q
              ==<__/% >>
_____________(_)____@_____________________________