Subject: bug#6677: closed (24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:22:01 +0000

Your bug report

#6677: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6677: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6677
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:22:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I checked in the patch so we can deal with any possible remaining selection
changes that may happen in Emacs.

	Jan D.

Subject: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:13:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Although it obviously works to copy some text in an X client or in a  
Mac OS X application and paste it into the *scratch* buffer it does  
not work to mark some text in any buffer of the NS variant and either  
use the Copy entry from the Edit menu or just press ⌘-C (Cmd-C) and  
insert (paste) it into the X client or a Mac OS X application (the  
name of the application in the  bar only flashes, because some bad  
content, not fitting into the text pane, is held in pasteboard?).

Additionally double-click to mark a word is interpreted as <down- 
mouse-1> <mouse-1>, bound to mouse-drag-region. I don't think that  
this is desirable...

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple- 
appkit-949.54)
  of 2010-07-16 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-ns' '--disable-ns-self- 
contained' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/ 
include' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/ 
calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H -Wno- 
pointer-sign -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -O0'  
'CPPFLAGS=' 'LDFLAGS=' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/ 
share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/ 
share/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: nXML

Minor modes in effect:
   image-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h v i m a g e - t y <tab>
s <return> <help-echo> C-x C-f s-v <backspace> <return>
C-c C-c <tool-bar> <help>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Note: file is write protected
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')
Using vacuous schema
Type C-c C-c to view the image as an image.
Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')

Load-path shadows:
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/solar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/solar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/lunar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/lunar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/holidays hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/holidays
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/diary-lib hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/diary-lib
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/calendar hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/calendar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-x hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-x
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-move hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-move
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-menu hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/cal-menu

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct regexp-opt rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok image-mode pp help-mode view help-fns tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete     === -Q
              ==<__/% >>
_____________(_)____@_____________________________