Subject: bug#6677: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:17:44 +0100

On 22/07/10 09:22, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
> Am 22.07.2010 um 00:35 schrieb David De La Harpe Golden:
>
>> The Xquartz on OS X manpage documents a set of options you can use to
>> tune _how_ Xquartz syncs the native OS X pasteboard and the X11
>> clipboard and/or primary:
>
>
> This is not the problem here.

Indeed*.

As per my other mail to this ticket, lisp/term/ns-win.el presently needs 
several updates to be able to fully handle some changes made to emacs 
default settings, I guess it was not really written to deal with 
settings other than the old defaults (i.e. the new settings would have 
broken it whether they were default or not).

I'll be taking a look at the weekend (n.b. the set of people with enough 
*step and x11 experience to fix it is probably larger than me, assuming 
I'm even in it).

> My comment was mainly targeted to explain that you and NS Emacs don't
> need to take care of X11

Fair enough, I thought /you/ were unsure "(or..."

* Xquartz' configuration options in the area are something for emacs 
devs looking at bug reports to be aware of though - different mac users 
could easily have different sync behaviours configured which will cause 
different symptoms (I'm also thinking of effects on x11 emacs running 
under Xquartz).