Subject: bug#6677: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:35:50 +0100

On 21/07/10 11:26, Peter Dyballa wrote:

 >> So does double-clicking nonetheless actually mark the word on NS?
> Yes, it does.

Good, thanks.

> A working (and installed in /Applications) copy from
> middle of June describes double-click as the same – and copies the word
> to Mac OS X pasteboard and X11 PRIMARY selection (or XQuartz 2.5.1
> (xorg-server 1.8.99.904) from MacPorts is synching OS X and X11).
>

Yes, Xquartz is handling syncing - IIUC native NS emacs presently knows 
nothing* of real X11 selections, and only interacts with the NS pasteboard.

The Xquartz on OS X manpage documents a set of options you can use to 
tune _how_ Xquartz syncs the native OS X pasteboard and the X11 
clipboard and/or primary:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/Xquartz.1.html

[I haven't yet discovered equivalent tunable settings for Cygwin/X, hope 
they haven't hardcoded something broken.]

* well, gnustep's gui layer, unlike macosx, sits on top of x11, and some 
abstractions may be slightly leaky.