Subject: Re: bug#6677: 24.0.50; NS variant cannot copy to pasteboard correctly

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:47:33 +0100

On 20/07/10 23:18, David De La Harpe Golden wrote:
> *** Since x11 emacs is now actually using X11 CLIPBOARD, it is likely
> that the attached _untested_ but minor patch or something very like it
> is correct on nextstep.
>
> Can you try building an emacs with the patch on macosx?
>
> Note that even with the patch applied, it may not act quite the same as
> before, but that is not necessarily a bug but rather a change.

Er, actually chunks of lisp/term/ns-win.el likely need rewriting too.
(the repeated use of the phrase "cut buffer" is particularly worrying - 
in X11 terms, that means "obsolete thingy that basically no-one uses, 
replaced by the selections mechanism many years ago").

That previous patch is probably necessary but not sufficient.

Basically someone who knows enough of both X11 and nextstep/macosx needs 
to sort things out.  I guess that just about includes me for these 
purposes, but it isn't something I can sort out during the week, and I 
don't have an extant macosx development environment either (though I 
suppose gnustep is an apt-get away).