Subject: [PATCH 0/7] linux-libre kernel updates (2023-10-25)

From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 17:06:47 +0200

Hi Leo,

I noticed that our QA warns that a patch from this patch-series can't be
applied to master:

Applying: gnu: linux-libre 6.5: Update to 6.5.9.
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
M	gnu/packages/linux.scm
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging gnu/packages/linux.scm
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in gnu/packages/linux.scm
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch=diff' to see the failed patch
Patch failed at 0001 gnu: linux-libre 6.5: Update to 6.5.9.
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

but applying it to the kernel-updates branch works fine:

(~/devel/guix) λ git am ../1 
Applying: gnu: linux-libre 6.5: Update to 6.5.9.
(~/devel/guix) λ git branch --show-current
kernel-updates

which is because the changes from https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66645
aren't on master yet as the QA over there still seems to be
outstanding/not running and this patch series for some kernel versions
diffs against the changes from #66645.

We should probably apply this patch series to kernel-updates as well and
see what QA says after it ran (I don't know too much about how our QA
and CI jobs for the kernel-updates branch work, maybe we have to
schedule/trigger them manually somehow?). WDYT?

-- 
Kind regards,

Wilko Meyer
[email-masked]