Subject: bug#66750: Unhelpful text in C-h v for variables with a lambda form as value

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 16:57:40 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 19:26:25 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Cc: [email-masked], Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>,
> >  Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> > Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:59:26 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > Hello, Stefan.

> > On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 08:04:00 -0700, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> > > Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > > > Currently feature/named-lambdas is mostly working, not fully working.
> > > > Probably the most pressing of these deficiencies is that native compiled
> > > > lambda functions don't yet get their defining symbol set.

> > As I've said, this is now fixed.

> Above, you are talking about "the most pressing of these
> deficiencies", which is now fixed.  What other deficiencies or issues
> are you aware of?

I'm not aware of anywhere else where the code doesn't work.  I'm not
sure whether or not there are any other defining macros (things like
define-minor-mode) which need amendment.  I don't think any user
documentation is needed.

> Please provide a full list, so we could make an informed decision
> whether the feature branch is ready to be landed.

There are currently no ert tests for the new feature.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).