Subject: bug#6675: 23.2; field, header and headers

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:29:12 +0100

On 2010-07-20 10:06 +0100, Štěpán Němec wrote:
> Just in case you didn't know and it might be of some help/reference:
>
> (info "(gnus)Headers")
> (info "(gnus)Terminology")

Anyway, having a closer look at mail/, I found it also has
inconsistency.

> My take on it is: consistency surely is nice, but I never felt this to
> be a problem with Gnus (IOW, I see there is a lot of problems with
> inconsistent identifier naming, not only in Gnus, but in Emacs in
> general (as in any software of its size), but I don't see a problem
> with headers/fields in particular); bigger concern for me is that some
> not-necessarily-very-careful-and-well-thought-out change to the manual
> or even function names as you seem to suggest would make things only
> worse.

Gnus seems to be in maintenance mode for years. So I don't suppose
someone would take the trouble to think it out well.

Leo