Subject: Re: LUKS password prompt invisible, prompts twice

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 12:48:40 +0100

> I’m also getting this bug (the second decrypt screen not showing up) 
> with
> Linux kernel versions 6.5.8 and 6.5.9 (the latest version as of 
> writing);
> 6.5.7 does not have the bug for me.

Oh, this might be interesting…  At least it's something.

Could you diff a working 6.5.7 and broken 6.5.8 configuration?  The 
configuration is stored as /gnu/store/…-linux-libre-6.5.x/.config; 
there's no need to boot the kernel just to load the config.gz module.

If you use Coreboot or a derivative: do your broken kernels include 
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=6d7e181ba18d11c92409a93936025fb46b9c8171>?

And if they do, have you tried booting with

   (initrd-modules (cons "framebuffer-coreboot" %base-initrd-modules))

by any chance?

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.