Subject: bug#66743: 30.0.50; Crash when dumping reftex

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:18:02 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 13:13:43 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> If you mean that `dump-emacs-portable' should be made interactive, it is
> >> a much harder task as many emacs_abort (); calls in pdumper.c would need
> >> to be changed to something suitable for interactive sessions.
> >
> > And then we will need to remember to change this fprintf as well?
> 
> Yes. Just as the other printfs in pdumper.c. There are 4 more.
> I do not see a problem.

I do (and there's only one other error-printing fprintf, not 4).
Please use higher-level facilities to show an error, so that we won't
need to find all those places.  (Only if you want to propose this code
for installation in Emacs, of course.)