Subject: bug#66743: 30.0.50; Crash when dumping reftex

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 13:13:43 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If you mean that `dump-emacs-portable' should be made interactive, it is
>> a much harder task as many emacs_abort (); calls in pdumper.c would need
>> to be changed to something suitable for interactive sessions.
>
> And then we will need to remember to change this fprintf as well?

Yes. Just as the other printfs in pdumper.c. There are 4 more.
I do not see a problem.

... unless someone is up to actually implementing interactive version of
`dump-emacs-portable'. But that would first require implementing buffer
overlay dumps (many interactive sessions will likely have those). Not
trivial.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>