Subject: bug#66721: 29.1; make sanity-check fails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:08:26 +0300

> From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 08:24:13 +0200
> 
> Forwarding downstream bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/916180:
> 
> Building Emacs aborts with:
> "make all" succeeded, but Emacs is not functional.
> 
> Adding the --quick option fixes it (and may indicate that the user's
> installed packages must be updated for Emacs 29). In either case, local
> add-ons and configuration shouldn't break the build of Emacs itself.

One could argue (although I personally will not necessarily agree)
that making sure site-lisp loads fine _is_ part of the sanity check,
since a failure to load that is not necessarily due to problem in
site-lisp, it could be a problem with the built Emacs.

> I propose the trivial patch below, preferably for the emacs-29 branch.

Thanks, but I don't think it's trivial, so please install it on
master, as I don't want any changes in the build at this late stage of
Emacs 29 release cycle.

Also, please use -Q, not --quick, as I think the former is more
familiar.