Subject: bug#66692: [cuirass] Spurious failed builds following patching u-boot sources

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 20:59:09 -0400

Hi Ludovic!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> /var/log/cuirass-remote-server.log:
>>
>> 2023-10-23 00:26:06 0 items queued for eventual download
>> 2023-10-23 00:26:55 period update: 0 resumable, 0 failed builds.
>> 2023-10-23 00:26:58 error: failed to start worker/database proxy: Invalid argument
>
> EINVAL here most likely comes from replying to a sender with invalid ID,
> due to ZMQ_ROUTER_MANDATORY, exactly what Cuirass commit
> 40f70d28aed55c404cca6a0760860fb4942e6bee fixed and aimed to catch.

Thanks for picking up the investigation.  Does that mean that the above
fix was partial and that there likely is a use after free somewhere
else?

It's good at least that this ZMQ_ROUTER_MANDATORY option catches that.

(Also, these scary Btrfs errors are a reminder that the file system got
corrupted at some point and should be recreated at some point -- I hope
they are not related to the problem at hand but we should keep an eye on
things).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim