Subject: bug#66662: closed (Re: bug#66662: References to ungrafted glibc retained)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 23:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66662: References to ungrafted glibc retained

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66662: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66662
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66662: References to ungrafted glibc retained
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 01:39:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As discussed while reviewing the now-applied glibc replacement at
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66348>, I stumbled upon a case where a
> package still refers to a ungrafted glibc in addition to the grafted
> one:
>
> $ guix gc -R $(guix build libreoffice) | grep glibc-2.35
> /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
> /gnu/store/ln6hxqjvz6m9gdd9s97pivlqck7hzs99-glibc-2.35
> $ guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) glibc-final)'
> /gnu/store/gd0x2az3a0sgj5aa9fbv201g7wwfj5m7-glibc-2.35-debug
> /gnu/store/ln6hxqjvz6m9gdd9s97pivlqck7hzs99-glibc-2.35
> /gnu/store/i2g0is6wjq3ccs6m1l6w9mhf44k4042h-glibc-2.35-static
> $ guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) glibc-final)' --no-grafts
> /gnu/store/0lzva77yj6hddmhasia65krknyi8kxsg-glibc-2.35-debug
> /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
> /gnu/store/l0yryi5jsa1grnvw01c9nkz9c81cv224-glibc-2.35-static
> $ guix describe
> Generation 277  Oct 16 2023 23:15:43    (current)
>   guix b437896
>     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>     branch: master
>     commit: b437896e87a51cc610388d4c462893652dd773e6
>
>
> The path to the ungrafted libc goes like this:
>
> $ guix graph --path -t references $(guix build libreoffice) /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
> /gnu/store/n8y9jk8wnvxxg54g19ds0jf5agiv5vs2-libreoffice-7.5.4.2
> /gnu/store/y392yldk4pbk4z5q587bz5n61hzbcf4g-mariadb-10.10.2-dev
> /gnu/store/cilkyfnc5fxmpviyypci3d2881ik3nih-mariadb-10.10.2-lib
> /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35

Fixed in 67effc1560fc175dfbcb58ef5b965b08b3942d6c, which actually
removes a few lines of code in grafts.scm.

Ludo’.

Subject: References to ungrafted glibc retained
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 10:29:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As discussed while reviewing the now-applied glibc replacement at
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66348>, I stumbled upon a case where a
package still refers to a ungrafted glibc in addition to the grafted
one:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix gc -R $(guix build libreoffice) | grep glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/ln6hxqjvz6m9gdd9s97pivlqck7hzs99-glibc-2.35
$ guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) glibc-final)'
/gnu/store/gd0x2az3a0sgj5aa9fbv201g7wwfj5m7-glibc-2.35-debug
/gnu/store/ln6hxqjvz6m9gdd9s97pivlqck7hzs99-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/i2g0is6wjq3ccs6m1l6w9mhf44k4042h-glibc-2.35-static
$ guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) glibc-final)' --no-grafts
/gnu/store/0lzva77yj6hddmhasia65krknyi8kxsg-glibc-2.35-debug
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/l0yryi5jsa1grnvw01c9nkz9c81cv224-glibc-2.35-static
$ guix describe
Generation 277  Oct 16 2023 23:15:43    (current)
  guix b437896
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: b437896e87a51cc610388d4c462893652dd773e6
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The path to the ungrafted libc goes like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix graph --path -t references $(guix build libreoffice) /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/n8y9jk8wnvxxg54g19ds0jf5agiv5vs2-libreoffice-7.5.4.2
/gnu/store/y392yldk4pbk4z5q587bz5n61hzbcf4g-mariadb-10.10.2-dev
/gnu/store/cilkyfnc5fxmpviyypci3d2881ik3nih-mariadb-10.10.2-lib
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Similar problem with GIMP:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix gc -R $(guix build gimp) | grep glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/ln6hxqjvz6m9gdd9s97pivlqck7hzs99-glibc-2.35
$ guix graph --path -t references $(guix build gimp |grep -v doc) /gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
/gnu/store/fw40cg57p0ycggrf8qvhl116257c5vv7-gimp-2.10.32
/gnu/store/mhfdl59lwhv4nh5kd4pnrh8jjls6976w-exiv2-0.27.5
/gnu/store/47xjz7g247yrnfxbkpr0hi81cqkrlvdn-gcc-11.3.0
/gnu/store/930nwsiysdvy2x5zv1sf6v7ym75z8ayk-gcc-11.3.0-lib
/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.