Subject: 29.1; spurious characters inserted at the shell prompt after quitting

From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 02:21:45 +0200

After working on an XML file and quitting Emacs, I got the following
characters that appeared in the command line of the shell:

51;33;39M51;34;38M51;35;37M51;36;37M51;36;36M51;37;36M51;37;35M51;38;35M51;38;34M51;39;34M51;39;33M

I was connected by ssh in an xterm to my Termux environment.

This is not reproducible, but I've already got a similar issue in
the past.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android) of 2023-09-22
 built on localhost
Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking
 --prefix=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr
 --libdir=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib
 --sbindir=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin --disable-rpath
 --disable-rpath-hack --host=aarch64-linux-android --disable-autodepend
 --with-dumping=none --with-gif=no --with-gnutls --with-jpeg=no
 --with-json --with-modules --with-pdumper=yes --with-png=no
 --with-tiff=no --with-xml2 --with-xpm=no --with-tree-sitter
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-lcms2
 --without-selinux --without-x emacs_cv_alternate_stack=yes
 emacs_cv_sanitize_address=yes emacs_cv_prog_cc_no_pie=no
 ac_cv_lib_elf_elf_begin=no gl_cv_func_dup2_works=no
 ac_cv_func_setrlimit=no --disable-nls --enable-shared --enable-static
 --libexecdir=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/libexec 'CFLAGS=
 -fstack-protector-strong -Oz' 'CPPFLAGS=
 -I/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/include'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib
 -Wl,-rpath=/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/lib -fopenmp -static-openmp
 -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now''

Configured features:
GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER SECCOMP SQLITE3
THREADS TREE_SITTER XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cl-extra help-mode tool-bar warnings icons
emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile time image cus-load cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt cl-loaddefs cl-lib xt-mouse rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 69436 8307)
 (symbols 48 8367 0)
 (strings 32 20985 1769)
 (string-bytes 1 656084)
 (vectors 16 10347)
 (vector-slots 8 122272 7846)
 (floats 8 44 388)
 (intervals 56 283 0)
 (buffers 984 11))

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <[email-masked]> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)