Subject: Re: bug#66655: 29.1; Clicking buttons sometimes doesn't work

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 18:41:49 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:50:03 -0400
> 
> > change if the change is small enough.  So I'm not sure I understand
> > what is new in your idea, if you want to keep the double-click-fuzz
> > test.
> 
> What's new is the `mouse_has_moved` boolean which remembers if the mouse
> has been moved some time between the down and the up, contrary to the
> current code which only looks at the relative position of the down and
> the up.

With the current code, if I move the mouse between the events, but the
coordinates differ by less than double-click-fuzz, we will not
generate a drag event.  If the mouse-moved flag overrides that, we
will generate a drag event where previously we didn't, isn't that so?

> The patch looks big mostly because it reverts your patch.

I know, and that doesn't bother me per se.