Subject: bug#66635: closed (Re: bug#66635: 30.0.50; customize-icon State button doesn't work (never did))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:52:01 +0000

Your bug report

#66635: 30.0.50; customize-icon State button doesn't work (never did)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66635: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66635
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66635: 30.0.50; customize-icon State button doesn't work (never did)
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 09:51:16 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's on the previous line.

Oops, I missed that.

Pushed to emacs-29, and I'm consequently closing this bug.

[1: 5f60913208f]: 2023-10-22 18:39:52 +0200
  Fix State button for customize-icon (Bug#66635)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=5f60913208f3fb2df9a2d3bda1655e01075bf446

Subject: 30.0.50; customize-icon State button doesn't work (never did)
From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:18:34 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
M-x customize-icon RET button
Edit something.  For example, under the Text Only choice, make the
string look like: "-button-" instead of "button".
Observe that Custom says: "EDITED, ..."
Go to the State button and hit RET.  Nothing happens.
Click it.  Nothing happens.

Expectation is that a menu pops up to set the icon settings. And
without -Q, to save the settings.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-10-19 built on tbb-desktop
Repository revision: 0fd7f785e76c9f2eea1baa40aed6ee327f68a993
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37643 10434) (symbols 48 5213 0) (strings 32 13209 1857)
  (string-bytes 1 374142) (vectors 16 10299)
  (vector-slots 8 156471 14182) (floats 8 21 23) (intervals 56 223 0)
  (buffers 992 10))