Subject: [bug#66624] [PATCH emacs-team 00/15] Start reworking emacs-build-system

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:42:22 +0200

Hi Guix,

this has been on my back-burner for some while, but since we failed to
do Emacs build system changes during the 29 update, let's keep up the
struggle and refactor what we have.

This series makes it so that the build tree reflects what is actually
going to be installed.  I've updated most non-emacs-build-system
packages to follow suit, but a few very outdated ones are also in the
mix.  I didn't touch those; whoever needs them will have to take a look.

Anyhow, with this series the only strange thing about emacs-build-system
is the check → install → build cycle rather than the reverse.  I don't
think it'll be possible to move build before install, though, so that's
that.

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (15):
  guix: emacs-build-system: Process package source in build tree.
  gnu: skktools: Build autoloads before installing them.
  gnu: translate-shell: Build autoloads before installing them.
  gnu: translate-shell: Compile emacs bytecode.
  gnu: emacs-mew: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: crm114: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: guile-wisp: Build autoloads before installing them.
  gnu: uim: Keep Emacs files in subdirectory.
  gnu: emacs-geiser-guile: Process autoloads in-tree.
  gnu: emacs-geiser-gauche: Process autoloads in-tree.
  gnu: emacs-geiser-racket: Process autoloads in-tree.
  gnu: emacs-geiser-chez: Process autoloads in-tree.
  gnu: emacs-libgit: Adjust to changes in emacs-build-system.
  gnu: emacs-eweouz: Build autoloads before installing them.
  gnu: emacs-pdf-tools: Build autoloads before installing them.

 gnu/packages/dictionaries.scm     |  8 +--
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm        | 33 +++++-------
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm        |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/language.scm         |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/mail.scm             | 30 ++++++-----
 gnu/packages/xorg.scm             | 13 +----
 guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm | 85 +++++++++++++------------------
 7 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)

base-commit: 8d6b3dd0b863ccada887da8cd347727dd04cb456
-- 
2.41.0