Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add mahogany

From: "Karl G. Hallsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 10:27:23 -0600

> Currently the heart library is not built...

The heard library has been added in the revised patch.

> ... the paths to the heart and wlroots libraries have to be fixed (see
> the "lisp/bindings/hrt-libs.lisp" file).

This is actually already handled by Guix.
guix$ ./pre-int-env guix build mahogany
/gnu/store/xdgs2j10gxqx3vwa81mskq77si96pj4r-mahogany-0.0.0-0.4b6b5f8-lib
/gnu/store/fl796d5hsdakxsvm3yn5i2qspas4q9x0-mahogany-0.0.0-0.4b6b5f8

$ cat
/gnu/store/xdgs2j10gxqx3vwa81mskq77si96pj4r-mahogany-0.0.0-0.4b6b5f8-lib/share/common-lisp/sbcl/mahogany/lisp/bindings/hrt-libs.lisp

The hrt-bindings.lisp file has its shared libraries paths replaced by
Guix. When I run the build, I see the paths have been replaced by the
appropriate paths into the store.

In addition, I have run a VM that boots and runs mahogany as it
currently stands (which just has a solid-background screen with support
for just one keybinding, one to exit. I have confirmed with Mahogany's
developer that this is the expected behvaior for now.

There have been new commits since I originally submitted this patch.
Should I grab the latest version and use that for the final submission
to Guix?

-- 
Raven Hallsby