Subject: [bug#66620] [PATCH] doc: Document extra Emacs-Debbugs configurations.

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:39:26 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Maxim,

>> FTR, if wanted by the Guix project, we could also extend
>> debbugs-gnu-guix.el. For example, loading this library could set
>> debbugs-gnu-default-packages and debbugs-gnu-default-severities as
>> proposed here.
>
> Would that conflict with a user-set debbugs-gnu-default-packages or
> debbugs-gnu-default-severities variables?  I'm thinking of a mainly
> Emacs developer sometimes also dabbling with Guix, which may want to
> have their debbugs-gnu-default-packages set to "emacs" and the likes
> even if also using debbugs-guix.el.
>
> If it'd be used as a fall-back to user-specified versions, then that'd
> be nice, I think!

No, there's only one debbugs-gnu-default-packages or
debbugs-gnu-default-severities. If you change it globally, it's used
everywhere.

If you have situations where you need both Emacs and Guix defaults, you
could add Guix specific commands to debbugs-guix.el. Something like
debbugs-gnu-patches, debbugs-gnu-package, debbugs-gnu,
debbugs-gnu-usertags.

Or you define a hydra (see GNU ELPA package), which sets
debbugs-gnu-default-packages and debbugs-gnu-default-severities to the
preferred values. Then you can call the debbugs-gnu-* commands with that
hydra via the defined shortcuts.

Best regards, Michael.