Subject: Re: [bug#66620] [PATCH] doc: Document extra Emacs-Debbugs configurations.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:01:44 -0400

Hello,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> * doc/contributing.texi (Viewing Bugs within Emacs): Document
>> debbugs-gnu-default-packages, debbugs-gnu-default-severities.
>> (Debbugs User Interfaces): Likewise, and mention debbugs-gnu-guix-search.
>
> FTR, if wanted by the Guix project, we could also extend
> debbugs-gnu-guix.el. For example, loading this library could set
> debbugs-gnu-default-packages and debbugs-gnu-default-severities as
> proposed here.

Would that conflict with a user-set debbugs-gnu-default-packages or
debbugs-gnu-default-severities variables?  I'm thinking of a mainly
Emacs developer sometimes also dabbling with Guix, which may want to
have their debbugs-gnu-default-packages set to "emacs" and the likes
even if also using debbugs-guix.el.

If it'd be used as a fall-back to user-specified versions, then that'd
be nice, I think!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim