Subject: Re: [bug#66618] [PATCH] etc: gitconfig: Remove the default email address to avoid mistakes.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 10:17:03 -0400

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 20:30, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I guess what I'm saying is that it provides value for me, and I'd expect
>> for others, although I can see how it could generate surprise when you
>> initially get your 'get send-email' foo wrong.
>
> Do you have your configuration public somewhere?  Or part of it.
>
> Because if I do not see the value it provides, maybe I am missing some
> features that you are using and eases the workflow.

It's already included in the Guix repo as .patman.  If you have a single
patch to send, you can do just:

$ patman

Review the patch content, C-x 3 when done (if your editor is Emacs), and
done.

I had documented the flow in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/58813#11,
before settling on adding new features to git itself so that we could
stick to 'git send-email', as there was some (understandable) reluctance
to learning yet another tool [0].  It's also well documented as (info
("u-boot") Patman patch m anager).

[0]  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/58813#11

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim