Subject: bug#66604: [PATCH] Gud LLDB completions

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 12:50:38 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 20 okt. 2023 kl. 19.28 skrev Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Look at these escape sequences that suddenly appear when attaching to a
>> process! I don't even know what "<esc>[1G" and "<esc>[8G" do.
>
> Fascinating! We should probably look into the source code producing it
> (libedit probably) but I wrote the attached monstrosity and
> it... seems to work. (Proof of concept only.)

Yeah, I've actually looked at the sources :-). There is an EditLine.cpp
which has functions for this sort of stuff, but I couldn't find out
where in LLDB it is actually called in the offending case.

> It attempts to edit out the part of strings jumped over by CHA (CSI
> G), and it also edits out ED (CSI J) which is in this case just used
> to do exactly that immediately after CHA.

H, don't know.  SHould we really do that?  I mean, I don't oppose it,
es. if someone else does it :-). It just feels weird...