Subject: Re: bug#66604: [PATCH] Gud LLDB completions

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 08:04:51 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 19 okt. 2023 kl. 15.08 skrev Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Could you
>> please set completion-at-point-functions to nil in the lldb buffer, and
>> see if that's also happening then?
>
> Yes, that does not seem to affect the output at all.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this with emacs -Q.

Here is what I do:

  cd emacs/master/src
  ,/emacs -Q # this is a build with -O0 -g
  M-x lldb RET emacs RET

In gud-emacs:

  b redisplay_internal
  r -Q

then 'n', 'c' and so on. Does that look right?

That's on an M1 mac, BTW.  Can't try on my x86_64 mac because lldb
doesn't work there after the OCLP update to maxOS 14.  I'm mentioning
this because machine speed might matter in the communication emacs <->
lldb.  What machine are you using?

Could you try with a newer lldb? (brew install llvm, for example).

P.S., just FYI, since you seem to be using this, and might see it:

- There is still a problem with things like Corfu + invoking
completion-at-point manually.  This is interfering with comint
redirection, with the effect of printing completions to the gud buffer.

- There is a problem with the code in master if completion candidates
contain ')', like function names.  I have fixed that here.