Subject: Re: bug#66604: [PATCH] Gud LLDB completions

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:50:32 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 19 okt. 2023 kl. 12.48 skrev Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Please git pull :-)
>
> Look at that. It actually works, and getting the column was a nice
> bonus! Bravo!

People tell me that I have two problems: not listening, and, ehm,
something else... Not true :-).

> Some observations:
>
> 1. The command
>
>   script --language python -- print('Gud initialized')
>
> is apparently sent twice. Perhaps something simpler can be sent, and
> only once?

Hm, I'm sending it once, AFAIK.  Could you please paste the output you
see?

> 2. Sometimes there's an extra (second) space after the (lldb) prompt,
> typically after stopping. No idea where that comes from.

Hm, I don't think I see that here.  Is it immediately after the stop, or
does it come later?

> 3. Please get rid of that `eval`! Just parse the frame info using a regexp.
>
> Either come up with a format that is easy for both humans and
> computers to parse, or just computers (in which are that text in the
> buffer can be replaced with a human-friendly string).

Well...  That mechanism is for something I might add (much) later :-).
It's a bit overkill ATM, but you must admit that it's elegant :-).