Subject: bug#66604: [PATCH] Gud LLDB completions

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 06:29:06 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 24 okt. 2023 kl. 12.27 skrev Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Hm, maybe we could write all the stuff to a temporary file, and then
>> "command source <that file>"
>
> Yes, but would make it more difficult to run lldb remote, wouldn't it?

I don't think so.

There are two cases, depending on what running lldb remote means:

1. Remote debugging in the lldb sense. Here, lldb runs locally and
connects to an llb-server running somwhere else. I don't think that's a
problem.

2. We run lldb on a remote machine using Tramp. For example

  C-x C-f /ssh:remote:some-file RET
  M-x lldb

In this case, we have to oake sure that we write the commands file
on the right machine, but I think that should already work, modulo bugs.

BTW, I filed bug#66738 now, after building from a fresh master. Could
you please also have a look?