Subject: [bug#66592] [PATCH v3] scripts: archive: Check compatibility of command line options.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:16:38 +0100

Hi Maxim,

On Mon, 04 Dec 2023 at 17:31, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> +  (define* (compatible-option options #:key actions)
>> +  "Return the OPTIONS if it is compatible with the list of ACTIONS."
>
> Sorry for not mentioning this in my first review, but re-reading this
> code, I think it should be named like: (check-compatibility options
> actions).  There's no point making actions an optional argument since
> the only point of using this procedure is when you have actions to check
> compatibility with, right?

Well, the point was not about an optional argument but about a key
argument – I find easier at call-location.  I do not know.

(BTW, I have not raised the issue for other commands, but this
’check-compatibility’ could be also applied.  Let as an exercise for
future potential contributor. ;-))

> Would you mind sending a v4 with the above suggestion?  Then I think
> we'd be good.

I will.

Cheers,
simon