Subject: [bug#66577] [PATCH 0/4] Newcomer-oriented improvements to the manual and cookbook

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:36:28 +0200

Hello!

These patches reorganize things a bit in the manual to make important
things more easily findable to newcomers, and adds a word of caution
regarding the section on multiple profiles in the cookbook (I’ve seen
newcomers attempt to adopt that software management style on their
systems, when it’s complex and in fact largely unnecessary since the
addition of a fast cache in ‘guix shell’).

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (4):
  doc: Move “System Troubleshooting Tips” below.
  doc: Mention Guix Home in “Getting Started”.
  doc: cookbook: Suggest ‘guix shell’ as an alternative to multiple
    profiles.
  doc: cookbook: Add cross references to the manual regarding manifests.

 doc/guix-cookbook.texi |  51 ++++----
 doc/guix.texi          | 257 ++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 2 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 156 deletions(-)

base-commit: a0d2ecde943bd1854ddbb7c0cad35a1fc64dc5ab
-- 
2.41.0