Subject: [bug#66577] [PATCH 2/4] doc: Mention Guix Home in “Getting Started”.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:43:01 +0200

* doc/guix.texi (Getting Started): Mention Guix Home.
(Home Configuration): Remove “still under development” note.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 12 +++++-------
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 8ebf50469e..f5d20873be 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -3069,11 +3069,15 @@ Getting Started
 @quotation Going further
 @xref{Package Management}, for more about package management.  You may
 like @dfn{declarative} package management with @command{guix package
---manifest}, managing separate @dfn{profiles} with @option{--profile},
+--manifest},
 deleting old generations, collecting garbage, and other nifty features
 that will come in handy as you become more familiar with Guix.  If you
 are a developer, @pxref{Development} for additional tools.  And if
 you're curious, @pxref{Features}, to peek under the hood.
+
+You can also manage the configuration of your entire @dfn{home
+environment}---your user ``dot files'', services, and packages---using
+Guix Home.  @xref{Home Configuration}, to learn more about it!
 @end quotation
 
 Once you've installed a set of packages, you will want to periodically
@@ -43036,12 +43040,6 @@ Home Configuration
 @c Maybe later, it will be possible to make home configuration a part of
 @c system configuration to make everything managed by guix system.
 
-@quotation Note
-The functionality described in this section is still under development
-and is subject to change.  Get in touch with us on
-@email{guix-devel@@gnu.org}!
-@end quotation
-
 The user's home environment usually consists of three basic parts:
 software, configuration, and state.  Software in mainstream distros are
 usually installed system-wide, but with GNU Guix most software packages
-- 
2.41.0