Subject: bug#66576: closed (Re: bug#66576: Acknowledgement (Request for merging "rust-team" branch))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 17:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66576: Request for merging "rust-team" branch

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66576: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66576
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66576: Acknowledgement (Request for merging "rust-team" branch)
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 20:41:21 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Branch merged! On to the next round of rust updates!

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: Request for merging "rust-team" branch
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 12:30:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

IMO rust-team branch is ready to merge. We've updated rust to 1.70,
librsvg to 2.56.4 and many new and updated packages. We've added a phase
to the cargo-build-system to fail if it detects pre-built files and
we've set the cargo-build-system to skip the test phase by default,
allowing us to make sure that the packages have the correct inputs. With
these changes I've gotten 100% of the packages built using the
cargo-build-system to build successfully.

We're looking forward to this merge so we can continue bumping the rust
version, work on cross-compilation and try to reduce the number of
packages which skip the build phase entirely.
-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.