Subject: Re: bug#66576: Request for merging "rust-team" branch

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:36:34 +0300

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 12:56:57AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > IMO rust-team branch is ready to merge. We've updated rust to 1.70,
> > librsvg to 2.56.4 and many new and updated packages. We've added a phase
> > to the cargo-build-system to fail if it detects pre-built files and
> > we've set the cargo-build-system to skip the test phase by default,
> > allowing us to make sure that the packages have the correct inputs. With
> > these changes I've gotten 100% of the packages built using the
> > cargo-build-system to build successfully.
> 
> The ‘rust-team’ jobset at https://ci.guix.gnu.org is now at 78%, which
> is actually better than ‘master’ (74%).  There are still ~6K
> aarch64-linux builds queued but from the numbers it seems ready to be
> merged.

I'm going to rebase it on master to get the changes over the past month
or so, including the qt-team branch, and let that build out a bit before
merging it.

> (Besides, I’m curious about the answers to the questions Maxim asked
> earlier in this thread regarding skipping tests.)

I'm going to refer everyone back to the RFC thread on guix-devel to try
to keep everything in one place. I've reverted it for now while we
discuss it further.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted