Subject: [bug#66573] [PATCH 00/11] Update Open MPI and its dependencies

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 09:35:03 +0200

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>

Hello,

This patch series updates Open MPI and its dependencies.  I tested
and confirmed there was no performance regression on cluster nodes
with Omni-Path nor on those with Mellanox InfiniBand.

This was also the first time I got continuous integration to build
package upgrades that had not been committed yet, using this neat
manifest that uses the ‘--with-latest’ package transformation option:

  https://gitlab.inria.fr/guix-hpc/guix-hpc/-/blob/b12e76577019aa576d6a33261294744352946c46/cutting-edge.manifest

Result:

  https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/jobset/guix-hpc-cutting-edge

Fun, no?  (One slight annoyance: ‘--with-latest’ dismisses patches
and snippets so for instance the derivation it computes for ‘slurm’
isn’t the same as what you get after ‘guix refresh -u slurm’ because
in the latter case you’re applying snippets.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (11):
  gnu: opensm: Use the right version string for the doc directory.
  gnu: opensm: Use gexps.
  gnu: slurm: Add 23.02.6.
  gnu: hwloc: Update to 2.9.3.
  gnu: opensm: Update to 3.3.24.
  gnu: ucx: Update to 1.15.0.
  gnu: rdma-core: Update to 48.0.
  gnu: libfabric: Update to 1.19.0.
  gnu: psm2: Update to 12.0.
  gnu: openmpi: Update to 4.1.6.
  gnu: intel-mpi-benchmarks: Update to 2021.3.

 gnu/packages/benchmark.scm         |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/fabric-management.scm | 34 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 gnu/packages/linux.scm             | 12 +++++------
 gnu/packages/mpi.scm               |  8 +++----
 gnu/packages/parallel.scm          | 20 +++++++++++++++---
 5 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

base-commit: a0d2ecde943bd1854ddbb7c0cad35a1fc64dc5ab
-- 
2.41.0