Subject: [bug#66573] [PATCH 00/11] Update Open MPI and its dependencies

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:46:21 +0100

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

>   gnu: opensm: Use the right version string for the doc directory.
>   gnu: opensm: Use gexps.
>   gnu: slurm: Add 23.02.6.
>   gnu: hwloc: Update to 2.9.3.
>   gnu: opensm: Update to 3.3.24.
>   gnu: ucx: Update to 1.15.0.
>   gnu: rdma-core: Update to 48.0.
>   gnu: libfabric: Update to 1.19.0.
>   gnu: psm2: Update to 12.0.
>   gnu: openmpi: Update to 4.1.6.
>   gnu: intel-mpi-benchmarks: Update to 2021.3.

Frustrated by the slow response of qa.guix, I pushed a
‘wip-openmpi-upgrade’ branch, got it built at
<https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/jobset/openmpi-upgrade> for x86_64
overnight, and pushed it to ‘master’ as
f8cad886153f4c0fa96d50e497eec5f00279f0d5 after noticing there were no
regressions.

I think we should strive to provide quick response on qa.guix, even if
that means cutting on some checks to save computing resources.  Perhaps
instead of green/grey/red, we need something more progressive.  Dunno!

Ludo’.