Subject: bug#66572: Windows menu entries double

From: Johann Höchtl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 08:37:21 +0200

I am using Emacs 29.1 downloaded from
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-29/emacs-29.1_2.zip on Windows
10.

Every now and then, without any discernible pattern, Emacs in GUI mode
doubles its main menu entries. With main menu I mean

File / Edit / Options / Tools / Text / Help

becomes
File / Edit / Options / Tools / Text / Help / File / Edit / Options / Tools
/ Text / Help

This is also true when another mode is active which adds top level menu
entries.

When clicking on such a doubled menu entry, the menu entries get
redisplayed and I am clicking into empty space - no error message.

Sure I wanted to take a snapshot but sending Emacs to the background and
bringing it to the front caused a re-display and now I can't take the
screenshot exhibiting the problem..

A cosmetical problem as no other harm is done.

I have witnessed that behaviour for years on Windows builts.