Subject: bug#66567: [PATCH] use-package: Add ignored-files support to :vc keyword

From: Tony Zorman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 13:00:12 +0100

On Tue, Nov 07 2023 21:24, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> Tony Zorman <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Now I'm a bit confused: where exactly? Inside of use-package or
>> package-vc? Either way, I think raising an error when the user inputs
>> nonsense is totally justified—I'd just like that error to be
>> understandable as quickly as possible.
>
> I was thinking that package-vc should emit an error, but that
> use-package could emit a warning, in case a new keyword is added to
> package-vc specifications but hasn't yet been added to the use-package
> layer -- mainly because I don't use the latter and am not that familiar
> with the code.

On first thought this sounds good, but I think one would end up having
to sync the actual state of things in two places. What if package-vc.el
had a place where it stored all available commands? Then the use-package
integration could just use that. I think it would also be easier to have
this codified somewhere, rather than having to check the manual every
time.

-- 
Tony Zorman | https://tony-zorman.com/