Subject: Re: bug#66533: texmaker missing runtime dependency on gtk+

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 01:29:36 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 at 13:18, Josh Marshall <[email-masked]> wrote:
> When running texmaker and the user clicks the icon to open a file, if
> the gtk+ package is missing it fails and crashes.  I forgot the exact
> error, but it just fails to retrieve a gtk object or something.

Are you running on the top of an foreign distro or Guix System?

For this works:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix shell -CN texmaker -E DISPLAY -- texmaker
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-simon'
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i915: /gnu/store/mpw1crqgzi11fvc0cgx6cs8pggj8anpm-mesa-23.1.4/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /gnu/store/mpw1crqgzi11fvc0cgx6cs8pggj8anpm-mesa-23.1.4/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
libGL error: failed to open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
…
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Then, click icon New or else and I do not see any failure.

Cheers,
simon