Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Remove dependency of polkit, python-dbusmock, etc. on (guix build syscalls)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 17:45:32 +0200

Hello!

This patch series removes (guix build syscalls) from the dependencies
of several packages where having that dependency would effectively
prevent us from changing syscalls.scm due to the high number of
dependents (and it turns out that removing that dependency was easy).

This change involves a rebuild of ~3,912 packages.  I plan to create
a branch and have it built by ci.guix (I suppose qa.guix will skip it
by default?).  I can do that any time (the build farm is currently idle!)
but since ‘rust-team’ is fully built, I thought we might want to merge
it first; Efraim?  I’ll also send a proper “request for merging”.

Besides I have not forgotten about the underlying bug, reported
at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/30948>, and I plan to propose another
fix there.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (7):
  gnu: mutter: Remove dependency on (guix build syscalls).
  gnu: python-ipykernel: Remove dependency on (guix build syscalls).
  gnu: python-dbusmock: Remove dependency on (guix build syscalls).
  gnu: python-dbusmock: Rewrite phases as a gexp.
  gnu: python-dbusmock: Use ‘search-input-file’.
  gnu: polkit: Remove dependency on (guix build syscalls).
  gnu: public-inbox: Remove dependency on (guix build syscalls).

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm      | 25 +++++-----
 gnu/packages/mail.scm       | 33 ++++++-------
 gnu/packages/polkit.scm     | 35 ++++++-------
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm | 99 ++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 4 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 103 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5a3fb306535c2ec0a118f2f0bc8f6a162b85c7d6
-- 
2.41.0