Subject: Re: [bug#66525] [PATCH v2 00/10] Remove dependency of polkit, python-dbusmock, etc. on (guix build syscalls)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 12:09:45 +0200

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I’ve pushed this as ‘wip-syscall-update’ and got ci.guix to build it:
>>
>>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/syscall-update
>>
>> As discussed earlier, I’ll send a merge request.
>
> OK.  It seems the branch was already mostly built (72% vs 73% for
> master), so it should be good.

Yes.  (For the record, that’s almost 14K builds in 18 hours; the
x86_64/i686 builds were most likely completed in half of that time.)

Now merged as 48c1a74b2461d42dc0df202d8353640b3b64ac62!

> I'd still like to have something like bug#65595 implemented in Cuirass
> so that it'd be easy to list all regressions that have to do with a
> topic branch.  Currently failed builds are all grouped in the outputs,
> whether it's for already or newly failing packages, which is less useful
> in the context of feature branches.

It’s something where the Data Service really shines because it knows the
derivations of each package of each revision, and it can compare
substitute availability.

Perhaps what we need is closer integration and/or user interface
improvement.  For example, it’s not trivial from
<https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/issue-66525> to get to
a comparison against the ‘master’ branch.

Ludo’.