Subject: bug#66520: closed (Re: bug#66520: 30.0.50; Small issues with defcustoms in ERC)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 15:06:03 +0000

Your bug report

#66520: 30.0.50; Small issues with defcustoms in ERC

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66520: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66520: 30.0.50; Small issues with defcustoms in ERC
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 08:04:48 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 66520 patch
> quit
>
>
> I attach a patch to fix these issues.

Appreciate the diligence!

>  Maybe I'm wrong about changing the docstring in erc-networks-alist.

Nah, I couldn't find any sign of the function variant being considered
in the 18+ years since the file was first introduced to the old CVS
repo.

I've added this as

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=baf778c7

Thanks and closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; Small issues with defcustoms in ERC
From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:33:08 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Looking for defcustom docstrings and :type inconsistencies, I found the
following in erc/:

The docstring of erc-fill-variable-maximum-indentation says its value
can be nil, but its :type is just integer.

The choices in erc-keep-place-indicator-style look like a copy-pasta
from erc-keep-place-indicator-buffer-type.  The docstring matches what
the code checks, so I guess the choices are wrong.

Finally, erc-networks-alist says that MATCHER can be either a regexp or
a function.  But neither erc-determine-network (obsoleted) nor
erc-networks--determine check to see if MATCHER is a function. So maybe
that isn't supported?