Subject: Re: bug#66518: [PATCH] Use project-name in the project-kill-buffers prompt

From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:48:42 -0400

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
> On 13/10/2023 19:04, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
>> Spencer Baugh<[email-masked]>  writes:
>> 
>>> Tags: patch
>>>
>>>
>>> This is mildly prettier.
>> Could this cause confusion, in case two projects share the same name?
>
> I suppose this can indeed be problematic with the default backend,
> where project-name just returns the base name of the root directory
> (and they can conflict).
>
> OTOH, we do use the project name as prefix for buffer names, for
> example. So this might be okay. Worst case, we add a user option
> later.

My contention is that if the user is running this in the current
project, they already basically know where they are, they just need a
little reminder.  Plausibly not even that is necessary if they have
project-mode-line enabled.  And if they're running it in another
project, using project-switch-project, then they just explicitly
selected a project so we definitely don't need to tell them the full
path of the project they're running in.